Individual Search Terms Work Best

Monday, February 22, 2010

Storing hand-smocked clothing for grandchildren from Barbara S.

Q. I have a large number of hand-smocked clothing from 9 grandchildren.  I am interested in packing a box for each one, in hopes their own children may someday wear them.  Will the Rubbermaid or Sterite boxes with tissue paper between be all I need, or should the entire contents of each one be covered in muslin?  I live in Texas, but plan to keep them in the house.

A.You'll be fine with just tissue and Baby Clothes Preservation posted on my site might be useful. You can use muslin as a cover, but be sure to triple-wash and rinse first to be sure all fabric finishes are removed. You should check periodically just to be sure everything is ok and storing in your home is exactly the right thing to do.  Please let me know if you have any further questions at all.
Good for you, by the way - those are lucky grandchildren!